The "D" License is strongly recommended for all competitive coaches of players 15 years old and up.
This 40-hour course is the most comprehensive course offered and is preparatory for National "C" licensing.
• Principles of Play
• Athlete Development
• Session Planning
• Coaching Technique
• Coaching Tactics
• Systems of play
• Match analysis
• Sport Science
• "E" License
• Minimum age - 18 years old
Preparation Phase/Deliberate Phase Assignments:
Preparation Phase/Deliberate Phase Assignments 1, 2, and 3. All Preparation Phase/Deliberate Phase Assignments must be turned in to be eligible for license. For more information, visit here.
Course Length: 40 hours
• 4 hours prep
• 12 hours classroom
• 24 hours field
Schedule: "D" License courses will be scheduled over a minimum of eight weeks.
• Preparation Phase: Candidates are required to complete three (3) assigned training sessions and complete a Self Reflection Form for each of the three training sessions. All sessions and forms must be submitted three weeks prior to the course.
• Instructional Phase (Weekend One): Candidates meet face-to-face with instructors at a course.
• Deliberate Practice Phase: Candidate are required to complete three (3) assigned training sessions and complete a Self Reflection Form for each of the three training sessions. The candidate must participate in two online webinars over a minimum of eight weeks. Session topics will be assigned during the instructional phase.
• Performance Review Phase (Weekend Two): Final on-field exam.
• Practical Field Sessions
• Candidates will receive a National "D" License, Provisional "D" License, or "Failing" grade.
• Candidates receiving a Provisional "D" License will be allowed to re-test at the first day of at first weekend and an entire second weekend of the "D" License Course for a $50 fee, however, they must wait a period of six months before re-testing. Candidates receiving a Failing grade must pay for and attend the full "D" License course, however, they must wait a period of six months before re-testing.
• It will take 3-4 weeks to receive your course results.
All Candidates will receive a Cal South Lesson Planner, a Nike t-shirt at a retail value of $30.
To see a list of available Cal South coaching courses, click here.
To go back to the Cal South Coaching Education Program Overview page, click here.